According to Arizona law, drivers are prohibited from operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Getting a DUI in Maricopa County, Arizona can feel overwhelming. As a first-time offender, there are a few things you can expect.
- First time offenders are held for a minimum of ten days or thirty days, depending on the severity of the charges.
- Your license will be suspended for a minimum of ninety days.
- Your vehicle will be installed with an ignition interlock device instead of losing your license.
- You might undergo court-ordered alcohol and substance abuse screening, counseling or rehabilitation.
- A DUI remains on your record for seven years, which increases the sanctions for any future DUI infractions.
- First time offenders may also be subject to various fees and fines.
Getting Legal Help with Pinnacle Law
At Pinnacle Law, we have helped hundreds of first time DUI offenders all over Phoenix. We are a compassionate legal team who will help guide you through this hardship with expert legal tactics that will either see your first-time DUI case reduced to a lesser charge with room to negotiate or have it dismissed entirely. Call us at 480-300-5380 to tell us your story. We will listen and offer our expert legal advice.